Update: Welcome back to all of our old friends including Kamelia, Capt Kobald, Surgetank, Shiroko, Alpharius, LordManny, Eric Grey, Lurkz, LordSqueezy, Dyneth and anyone else I'm forgetting xD.
Sorry to move everyone after we had just gotten used to our new TeamSpeak Address but we have decided that we need to adapt to the times and as such we're shifting to Discord. To join us on Discord please download the client and install, https://discordapp.com/download
. Silenthawk will provide the contact information for the server below.
This new voice com software does have a few disadvantages but it is going to make it easier for us to work with other groups in Star Citizen and as such it is time to move. Likewise while the permissions and customization options aren't as robust they are simpler and don't randomly break unlike some of the problems we've been having with TeamSpeak.
Also, effective immediately the unit structure has been reorganized to as follows:SWG Lead
- Blueduck, Kera, and Silenthawk. In our role we will help sort out disagreements at the upper level and help facilitate discussion as needed. We will not supersede the units direction based on a group vote but will help guide deadlock towards a decision. As always, we are a pretty democratic group which will not change.Administrator
- All current Lead Officers and above have been promoted to Administrators. Given the new discord functionality we no longer needed dedicated admins as the role can be assigned with a builder tag. As Lead Officers and above have already been voting in terms of unit decisions the role was superfluous so we just consolidated the roles. Congrats to all those promoted.SWG Director
- Similar to officer as detailed below. Few extra server permissions.Officer
- Strategist and above have been promoted to officers. Officers will continue to be able to continue to invite people to the unit and work to implement directional decisions. As everyone knows we aren't particularly crazy about ranks here so as available we will pull officers into directional votes for the unit. Congrats to all those promoted.Member
- Given that we aren't regularly inviting people into the unit at the current time we have consolidated all other ranks into member tags. In no way is this a demotion for anyone but simply that we don't need as many roles as we currently do. As always we will seek out our veteran players and ask their opinion or voting direction on where the unit should go. If anyone feels that they would like to be moved to a higher rank as they have been with the unit for awhile please seek out one of the admins or lead to discuss. We're not trying to make anyone feel they have lost anything.
As we continue to grow the unit for Star Citizen and other games we can add ranks on an as needed basis.Company Reorganizations
(a backup leader role has been added to each):Ω - Omega Company
- New company commanders are KingUber and CentsofFate. (Blueduck and Silenthawk are SWG Lead Liasons)🕷 - Black Widow Company
- New company commander is Nika (Kera will provide support on an as needed basis or until we find a new lead to help her). (Kera and Blueduck are SWG Lead Liasons)🐺 - Hell Hounds
- Company Commanders are Hellsoutcast and Rogo. Now aslso demarked as a European or training unit depending on individual needs. Hell Hounds will continue to help new players as needed but due to the growth of our European player base it makes sense that it no longer function purely as somewhere to go for newer members. Rogo will lead the European and Star Citizen aspects of the company. (Blueduck and Kera are SWG Lead Liasons)💀 - Shadow Company
- Martytokes and Gruinhart (Blueduck and Silenthawk are SWG Lead Liasons)
Company Liason Lead
If disputes arise or a vote related specific company or cross companies issues arise each of the individual companies has been assigned a liaison to help as detailed above.
This is a work in progress everyone so please continue to provide support and feedback as we move forward.